Lightweight yet stiff. Capable yet efficient. Fun yet focused. Hell, if Goldilocks ever wanted to drop you, our money's on her picking an Epic EVO Comp to do the job.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying "Whoa!" as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency. With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever, thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
- Keeping the Epic EVO Comp just right is a well-balanced component mix featuring powerful four-piston Shimano SLX brakes, an X-Fusion Manic dropper, and RockShox SID Select fork.
- 4-piston calipers on an XC bike? What a wonderful time to be alive! Shimano's 4-piston SLX calipers carry only a slight weight penalty over their 2-piston siblings but offer plenty of smooth, controllable power to keep the EVO's newfound speed in check.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO's FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
- Tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 25-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
- X-Fusion's Manic dropper post offers infinitely adjustable travel via its slick shifter-style remote lever for hassle-free operation when things get dicey.
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||Rockshox SID Select+, Charger RL Damper, Debon Air, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Deluxe Select+, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Specialized Alloy, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h|
Front: Shimano MT400-B, Center Lock 28h
Rear: Shimano MT510-B, Center Lock 28h, Microspline
|Spokes||DT Swiss Industry|
Front: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
Rear: Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
|Crankset||Shimano SLX 7100, Hollowtech 2, SM: 170mm, M – XL: 175mm|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, BB52, Threaded|
|Chain||Shimano SLX, M7100, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano SLX M7100, SGS, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano SLX, CS-M7100, 12-speed, 10-51T|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX, M7100, 12spd|
|Handlebars||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX, M7120, 4-piston caliper, 203mm rotors|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|Seat Post||X-Fusion Manic, infinitely adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL LE lever, SM: 100mm travel, M: 125mm travel, L – XL: 150mm travel|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Carbon/Oak Green Metallic / Large||888818618194||94820-5004||210000038663|